Terms and Conditions
Art. 1) Legal Notice
a) This statement represents a legally binding agreement between the user/member of the website under www.isge.org (hereinafter simply referred to as the “Site”) and the Society ISGE, (hereinafter simply referred to as “ISGE”) and furthermore governs the user/member general conditions of use of the site.
b) Using this Site the user/member unconditionally accepts the terms and conditions in this agreement and ISGE reserves the right, from time to time to change, modify, add or remove any portion of this agreement and this at its sole and unquestionable discretion and without notice; although ISGE shall be obliged to inform the user/member about these modifications. Using the Site after these modifications, the user/member unconditionally engages in accepting the new terms and conditions, which shall be considered as read, known and shared by the user/member.
c) Information, images, photos, trademarks, products and, in general, the elements and the materials the user/member will find on the Site are exclusively available for the Site internal finalities and they are solely to ISGE functions and purposes; the user/member is not allowed to download or reproduce any of these elements and materials for commercial, personal and/or other non-authorised finalities.
d) The website under www.isge.org and the services on these pages are exclusively owned by the ISGE with Secretary offices in Bari (Italy), at via De Rossi 57, which takes care of the terms and modalities of the offer for the aforementioned services.
Art. 2) Terms and Conditions of use
b) Sharing Your Content and Information: You are the only owner of all of the content and information you post on ISGE and you take responsively charge of them, if necessary expressively relieving ISGE. In addition:
- i. for content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like sound sources, photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give ISGE the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with ISGE (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- ii. when you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others);
- iii. it is forbidden to integrally upload, rewrite or copy a scientific article, when this has been previously published, or rather it is forbidden to publish them without the author permission. However, according to the Italian law, you can post some of the article information: its source, author, date of publication and related abstract;
- iv. An “abstract” is a small summary, even only a sentence, to be included in the writing box;
- v. You can decide to hide or to show everybody your personal e-mail address;
- vi. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about ISGE, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them). Art. 3) Safety
ISGE is not responsible for all contents other users/members may publish, since any precautionary close examination is done about these contributes and, consequently, the society can not guarantee the safety of the site, except for granting the ordinary informatics safety procedures, whereof the Site is already provided with.
To this end, it is expressively forbidden to
- i. send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on ISGE;
- ii. collect users/members’ content or information, or otherwise access ISGE, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers);
- iii. engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on ISGE;
- iv. upload viruses or other malicious code;
- v. solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else;
- vi.do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of ISGE.
Art. 4) Code of conduct
You always have to comply with the behaviour rules, which shall be respectful, decorous and never offensive to other users/members and in general to all people belonging to ISGE community. To this end, it is expressively forbidden to:
- i. bully, offense, intimidate, or harass any user/member, or rather, have a disrespectful behaviour;
- ii. bully companies, whether they are part or not of ISGE;
- iii. publish awkward contents or, in general, contents opposing the imperative norms and public morals;
- iv. use ISGE for unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory purposes;
- v. facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
Art. 5) Registration and Account Security
a) ISGE users/members provide their real names and information in registering to the site. You are aware of the consequences you could encounter when violating the administrative and penal norms, as giving false names and information. Here are some commitments you make to ISGE relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- I. you will not create an account for anyone other than yourself;
- II. you will not create more than one personal account/profile;
- III. you will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your status update to an advertiser);
- IV. you will make sure that your own contact information are always correct and updated;
- V. you will not share your password neither you will let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account and others;
- VI. you will not transfer your account (including any page or application you administer);
- VII. if you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if ISGE believes appropriate;
Art. 6) Membership payment
a) ISGE will be subject to a membership fee.
b) Membership categories and fees:
- Lifetime: 950.00 US $ (only for board members)
- Annual: 100.00 US $
- Annual Developing Country: 60.00 US $
- Resident: 60.00 US $
- YES: 50.00 US $
- Scientists, Paramedics: 60.00 US $
- Industrial: 350.00 US $
- ISGE Journal The Trocar: Free online version
- Resident must provide letter from Head of Department verifying training status
Art. 7) Termination
a) This Agreement shall terminate, pursuant to and by effect of art.1456 c.c., when arising the following events : the noncompliance of the obligation and agreements in this statement, failure by the user/member to submit payment within the deadline, as described in the previous article.
b) when and if ISGE considers the user/member having violated the norms disciplining this agreement or rather behaved contrarily to ISGE purposes; in this event the Society will have the right to choose for suspension of the user/member profile or rather definitively remove the user/member account, discretionally and without any cross examination. ISGE will notify you by e-mail or at the next time you attempt to access your account.
c) You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time, without receiving any potential reimbursement regarding your paid fee.
d) In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Art. 8) Reference legislation– Disputes
a) This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the American laws.
b) Any claim that might arise from the user/member concerning these terms and conditions, is agreed to be submitted to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in New York, US, for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
c) If anyone brings a claim against ISGE related to the conduct of the user/member, the user/member will indemnify and hold ISGE harmless from and against all damages. The same will be concerning any claim between users/members or internal subject of the Site.
d) WE TRY TO KEEP ISGE UP, BUG-FREE AND SAFE, BUT WE ARE PROVIDING THE SITE WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. THEREFORE, YOU ACCEPTS TO USE ISGE AT YOUR OWN RISK. ISGE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS, CONTENTS AND INFORMATION, OR THIRD PARTIES.