Bladder endometriosis is due by the infiltration of the bladder wall through the peritoneum and the connective tissue of the vesico- uterine space.
For this reason is not correct to treat this pathology only with a resection via cystoscopy.
Sometimes is concurrently present an adenomyosis of the anterior wall of the uterus.
The steps for a correct surgery of this pathology are:
- Dissection of the vesico-uterine space.
- Opening the bladder just above the endometriotic nodule.
- Complete resection of the nodule.
- Suturing the bladder in two layers with running sutures.
- Remove all the endometriotic and adenomyotic tissue on the anterior wall of the uterus.